After 86 weeks, over 100 hours of FaceTime study sessions, meditations, contemplation, mind training and good old fashioned reading, we have turned the final page of the Workbook.
A celebration is in order! Julie, of Through a Peacock’s Eyes and I, Lisa of Bloom Lisa Coaching, have completed the Workbook of A Course in Miracles. Can I get a woot woot? How about a hallelujah? Give me a nice deep amen that can be heard up in the rafters.
I feel a rewarding sense of accomplishment paired with what seems to be deep spiritual growth. A few signs of the changes in me include:
- When my husband apologizes for something I let it go, for real.
- When I feel the need to lock myself in the bathroom so I don’t yell at my kids for dumping nail polish all over the floor, grout, bath mat, sinks and marble counter tops, I am able to breath it out, remind myself that only love is real, and clean it up telling my kids, “Accidents happen!” with a smile on my face. Ok, the smile is a little forced but I am only human and it was a lot of toxic hot pink!
- I am comfortable saying the word God and no longer wonder if someone is going to throw rotten produce at me when I do.
- I see the abundance in my life and easily recognize when a perspective of lack starts to creep in. That sly ego sometimes leaves a side door open for negative thoughts to sneak in and multiply but thanks to big blue, I can quickly close it and secure the dead bolt.
- I have embraced the essence of the law of attraction and give as I wish to receive. I see the power of my words and my ability to create my life. As the Course states, the only thing lacking in any given situation is what I am not bringing to it. I create the happiness in my life and I own that power.
- When my inner Italian comes out at my kids and my finger starts going and smoke starts coming out my nose, well not quite actual smoke but it sure feels that way…. I see it as a flashing neon sign, “EGO AT WORK!!!” And I cease and desist immediately.
- I can be in the moment aware of how precious the present moment is. I can take a break and unplug so I can just be. I am able to hand over the reigns to God and let go of my attachment to being in control. It is beautiful.
- My ego and I have a brand new relationship. I am fully aware and appreciative of her powers of persuasion and masterful negotiation tactics. I was smart enough to give her a fake number recently so when she calls I don’t have to answer!
I could go on and on, but the goal for studying big blue was to find ways to embrace more love in my world and mission accomplished. I recognize new flavours of humility, confidence, gratitude and vulnerability in my ensemble of characters that includes mother, wife, life coach, friend, neighbour, blogger and member of the global human race.
The Course isn’t something you “do” and it is done. Just like life, the lessons keep on coming. It is through practice that long lasting change takes hold. The intricacies of life supply a steady stream of new ways to apply forgiveness, love and faith. My studies will continue for years to come.
After covering so much material over the past 20 months, I really wanted to pause and review the lessons before moving on to the next phase. For the past three weeks I have used my artistic expressions to enhance my review of the Lessons and I wanted to share some of my favourites here with you. Namaste. _/l\_
A Course in Miracles, Happy Boxes Project
Completion of the Workbook aside, I hold no delusions as to how far I have yet to travel down the road to bliss that doesn’t end (and its not an all inclusive in the Caribbean, I checked), eternal patience (does it even exist?) and forgiveness that bypasses all judgement (sounds easy doesn’t it!?). But I am going to keep walking, one foot in front of the other, as long as it takes to get there. Who can join me?
Live life in FULL bloom.
When you talk, I’ll listen. Together we will make your life bloom.
Visit Sessions With Lisa today.
Blazing Light of Glory, A Study in A Course in Miracles is a co-created and cooperative writing, studying, and teaching effort of Lisa of BloomLisa and Julianne Victoria of Through the Peacock’s Eyes.